So apparently there is this award in the vain of a chain letter that people spread about blogs that they like, sort of a “hey nice job” kinda deal. I was nominated by thepenmin and thought it’d be a nice little thing to do and get some word around on some blogs I think do a bang up job of being…bang up.
The way this works is I have to answer the questions posed by my nominator, share eleven assorted (maybe random) facts about myself, then I’ll pose my own questions and list the blogs that I’ve nominated for the Liebster who will follow suit. Here goes absolutely nothing.
1. What was the first music album that you bought with your own money?
Smash Bros. Brawl sountrack, not a wasted penny.
2. Which Legend of Zelda character would you want to be and why?
The creepy little kid in Twilight Princess that opens up a store in Kakariko Village, it’d just be fun to both own a store and pop up behind people all spooky like.
3. What’s the last book you finished reading? Did you enjoy it?
Shadow Of The Minotaur, it was a pretty interesting ride and I did enjoy it very much, although there were moments it dragged.
4. Given the choice, would you rather make yourself (and only yourself) immortal or increase the lifespan of every person currently living and yet to be born to 1000 years? Why?
Lifespan, I’d rather not be immortal because it’s boring and even with an increased lifespan, I can still end bad peoples lives and watch them suffer as they reach an age of slow rot and pain. Your later years can be rough if you don’t look after yourself, imagine the later later LATER years.
5. Would you rather be in a cold environment or a hot one?
Hot, I can survive some sweat and dehydration but in the cold I might end up losing limbs if I survive through.
6. What was the first foreign country that you ever visited? Have you been back to it since?
Never been out of the country, I’m not a big fan of England but I’m a homely person and enjoy being comfortable.
7. You’ve done it. Whatever your dream job and position in life are you have them. And you’ve just moved into a beautiful new house. You’ve just unpacked the last box and you’re settling in for a relaxing evening of playing video games. What’s displayed on the mantel in the main room of your new place?
A picture of me, my parents and my cats, the beings in my life that I draw the most love from.
8. If you could change a single historical event, which would you change and why?
I’d go back in my own past and stop my father from spinning me around and accidentally losing his grip. I have a small dent in my head from where he lost his grip and tossed a wee baby me into a wall, I’d like it gone.
9. You awake one morning to find yourself in an unfamiliar campsite. A faint grumbling in your stomach has you sit up and peek outside your tent. There are trees all around and smoke weakly rises from a circle of stones a few feet away. As far as you can tell there is no one around for miles and that faint grumbling suddenly becomes a thundering. Reaching into your backpack you find a Pokéball. With nothing else around to eat and your stomach feeling like its going to turn itself inside out unless you put something in it, you decide that your Poké-friend will have to make the ultimate sacrifice. Who’s that Pokémon and how will you prepare it?
It’s a Jigglypuff, I’ll have it on a stick.
10-What’s your favourite (or spirit) animal?
Bears, both the creature and spirit animal. Just fucking bears guys, so much fuzz and muscle, protection and a great pillow.
11-Practical special effects or CGI, which do you prefer and why?
They both have their appropriate applications but usually I’ll take CGI thanks to the various trippy effects one can make that defy the confines of our world. Try and make something look and walk normally in a world with messed up gravity, it’s just way too hard to grasp.
11 RANDOM FACTS TIME!
1. I have both asthma and low blood pressure which makes exercise very difficult. Luckily I get by with a furnace-like metabolism.
2. I started blogging as a means to an end but now I do it because it is really quite fun…and also sort of a means to an end, good to have proof you are good at writing various different styles!
3. While modern me is full of determination, as a child I’m told I was very quick to throw in the towel when playing video games. Cool to see how I’ve grown since then.
4. I don’t actually follow any blogs. Not because I refuse to follow others I just don’t notice any particular blogs that push out a consistent stream of content I’d like.
5. I’ve listened to a 100 hour loop of a song with it quietly in the background, I can still hear it sometimes.
6. I’ve always been a big fan of animals over human beings. Humans are nice but they always do that thing where they move their lips and opinions come out, gross.
7. I like to come up with ideas for game concepts or game designs by listening to music, trying to picture the scene or trailer or what have you to the music, it’s pretty fun.
8. I get all fidgety when I see something really cool that grabs me in the moment. I start reeling back and forth and misting up, as if this moment is so beautiful I can’t help myself.
9. I thought my blogs name was really stupid at first but it’s grown on me.
10. I hate spending money on anything, perhaps as a result of not having much money as a child. I can’t even leave scraps of a meal that I personally paid for, I’m getting my moneys worth every time.
11. I hate thinking up random facts for the Liebster Award, it makes me start evaluating my life and feel like I’m complacent in some sort of mediocrity. I don’t mind the mediocrity, I just feel like maybe I should.
Questions for the nominees!
1. What got you into blogging?
2. How often do you stay up all night?
3. What’s a story you’d like to tweak a little bit, maybe smooth the curves a little?
4. How many times have you moved house in your life/
5. What would the first thing out of your mouth be if you were suddenly told you were the president of the USA?
6. How comfortable is your set-up to blog? Are you sitting down, on the move etc.?
7. How did you start to market yourself as one among many in the blog-o-sphere?
8. Do you or anyone you know suffer from shyness?
9. What would your superhero name and power be?
10. You are told you have a family member in prison, how do you react?
11. Would you rather be in stone cold silence or a loud, chaotic environment?
Yeah that’s it, not many come to mind that get a decent flow of interesting content out or have a nice personality to their news updates. Accept or decline the award, just know that I think you do some pretty cool work. Thanks again to thepenmin for throwing this my way, see you all later.